Detailed guides, videos, and resources for music teachers and their students covering the fundamental aspects of optimizing Zoom for music lessons.
Effective online music instruction begins with a thorough understanding of Zoom software in order to optimize the platform for musical instruction. A detailed 10 page manual for teachers provides concise information and practical resources to successfully navigate the multifaceted elements of Zoom instruction.
Separate student resources provides precise guides for students to assist them with their own technology. Accompanying video guides for mobile and desktop versions of Zoom ensure students receive the exact information they need to quickly prepare for their online lesson in advance.
- Teaching Music Online: Setting Up
- Understanding Zoom Audio Settings
- Zoom Audio Optimization
- Microphones & Headphones
- Internet Basics
- Zoom Security
- Second Camera Angles
- Trouble Shooting Guide
- Equipement Guide
- Smartphone, iPad, Tablet, Laptop: Setting up for your lesson*
- iPad, Tablet, Laptop: Setting up for your lesson*
- Fundamental & Advanced Zoom Audio Settings NEW UPDATE
- Setting up Headphones and External Microphones
- Setting up a Second Camera Angle
*Two versions of the "Setting up for your lesson" infographic are provided for teachers who prefer their students avoid using smartphones for the lesson.
- SmartPhone: Enabling Original Sound on Zoom
- iPad/Tablet: Enabling Original Sound on Zoom
- Desktop: Enabling Original Sound on Zoom & Advanced Audio Settings
- Desktop: Using Headphones and External Microphones
- Desktop/Mobile Devices: Joining a Zoom Meeting with a secondary device
- Teacher's Guide: Zoom Share Screen Functions for Teaching
Time Saving Solutions
Save your valuable time and streamline your online teaching experience. Musicians' Practical Guide to Zoom is created by musicians for musicians to simplify online teaching. Simply download a pdf and video guide and share within your studio. No more searching for authoritative and relevant materials on various blogs, social media groups, or Youtube. Available with unlimited downloads with a complimentary studio license. Resources are regularly updated to reflect Zoom updates and best practices.